Next week, on November 16th, large group of business minded people will converge on the Connecticut Convention Center for the BizBuzz Social Media Conference. What’s BizBuzz, you ask? A day long conference on social media and it’s role in marketing your business. I am honored to be sitting on the “CEO’s Who Blog Panel”, and would be love to see you all there! If you are in the area and plan on attending, please make a point of stopping by and saying hi!
PRACTICE CAFÉ TO GIVE PARTICIPANTS IN HARTFORD BIZBUZZ SOCIAL MEDIA CONFERENCE FACE-TO-FACE ACCESS TO SOCIAL MEDIA EXPERTS
HARTFORD, CT, Nov. 4, 2010 – Experts in social media marketing will be on-hand to give one –on-one consultations to participants in BizBuzz Social Media Conference on Nov. 16. “The Practice Café” brings together social media professionals for free consultations on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Analytics, and Blogging.
BizBuzz Social Media Conference is a full-day event that will explore the impact social media has on marketing, advertising and public relations as well as the latest tools to engage the public. Participants will learn how to use social media for marketing, customer service, and public relations. There will be three tracks available for conference participants: Nuts and Bolts, Marketing, and Business Management. The event will be held at the Connecticut Convention Center in Hartford from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. BizBuzz is presented by Site-Seeker, Inc.
The Practice Café will be open from noon to 1:30 and free to all conference participants. Staffing those sessions will be:
- Derek Beere, – Mason, Inc.
- Eddie Bluff – Vice President & Co-Founder – Site-Seeker, Inc.
- Heather Colby – President – Colby Strategic Marketing
- Amy Graver – President and Creative Director – Elements
- Gillian Kenny – Marketing Director – Fandotech
- David Parmet – Director of Communications – Converseon
- Dawn Melesko – Social Media Director – Go Media
- Tim Tracey – Founder – YouGottaCall.com
- · Brent Robertson – President – Chief Creative Officer at Fathom LLC
“We are expecting between 500 and 650 participants to attend this conference based on the buzz on Facebook and Twitter that it’s been generating,” says conference chair, Kathy Hokunson, Sales and Marketing VP, Site-Seeker. “In addition, our Ticket Tuesday Contest has been generating a large number of tweets that’s really showing the power of social media. Participants in the Ticket Tuesday contest are tweeting about the conference using the conference hashtag (#bizbuzzCT), in their tweets on Tuesdays (11/2/10, and 11/8/10) to earn points towards free tickets to the conference. To show the speed and connectivity of social media, if a participants tweet is retweeted by a friend or colleague on a Tuesday, the participant earns 5 points. If a ticket is purchased on the Tuesday and the participants twitter handle is referenced, the participant earns 25 points
The conference kicks off with a keynote address by social media pioneer Brent Robertson, President and Chief Creative Officer for the award-winning branding firm, Fathom. He will set the stage for the day-long conference with his presentation, “Building Sustainable Relationships with Social Media.” His concept of “Intersections of Affinity” builds on the idea that marketers need to identify and target the intersections where their audience has developed an affinity with an organization and use them as the launching pad for social media activities.
BizBuzz will feature three tracks: Nuts and Bolts, Marketing, and Business Management. Conference participants will have their choice of a full menu of presentations in each of these tracks and do not need to stick to one track all day. Presentations will include:
- The 15-Minute Social Media Fix –Danielle Cyr and Jessica Lyon, Co-Communications
- Social Email Marketing – Gillian Kenny, Fandotech
- What is a Social Media Strategy and Why You Need it – Dan Weingrod, Cronin and Company
- Why NOW is the Time for Market Leaders – Sean Branagan, Digital Vertical
- CEOs Who Blog Panel – Panelists: Michael Bernard, ConnectiCare; Scott Hokunson, Blue Heron Landscapes; Rebecca Mead, CONNSTEP, Daniel A. Schwartz, Pullman & Cumley. LLC, Pamela O’Hara – President – BatchBlue Software, LLC
- Blogging for Business – Amy Graver, Elements, LLC
- Twitter for Beginners – Kathy Hokunson, Site Seeker, Inc.
- Getting Social with ALL Media – Meghan Burns, Adams & Knight
- Creating and Sustaining an Effective Facebook Page – Rubin Quinones, Path Interactive
- Optimizing Your Blog Content – Brian Bluff, Site Seeker, Inc.
- Facebook – Building on the Base, What’s Next? – Andrea Hewlett and Dan Salamone, Site Seeker, Inc.
- Tapping into Social Media for Market and Competitive Analysis – Fred Wergeles, Wergeles & Associates
- Understanding LinkedIn for Professionals – Eddie Bluff, Site Seeker, Inc.
- Utilizing Video – Alfonso Santaniello, Creative Strategy Agency
- Geolocation: Foursquare and More – Edward Main, Connecticut Science Center
- Social Media and Search – Convergence or Divergence? – Brian Bluff, Site Seeker, Inc.
- Leveraging the Personal Brands of Your Employees on Social Media – Patrick Ambron, Brand-Yourself.com
- Social Media Policy Panel Bernard E. Jacques – Attorney -Pepe & Hazard LLP
- LinkedIn for Young Professionals – Andrea Hewlett, Site Seeker, Inc.
- Social Media – The New Paradigm – Richard A. Marti Jr., A Passion for Connection
- The Online Newsroom-Making the Most of Your Public Relations Program – Andrea Obston and Katrina Lennon, Andrea Obston Marketing Communications
- How to Make Money with LinkedIn – Gregg Crystal, Inalign, Inc.
- Youtube – Why is this Relevant to Social Media? – Kevin Rowe, Site Seeker, Inc.
- Make Social Media Personal – Caitlin Thayer, Thayer Consulting, LLC
- The Real World: Social Media – Alyssa Henry and David Rosen, Syracuse University iSchool
- Sophisticated Twitter Marketing –Kathy Hokunson, Site Seeker, Inc.
· Social Media Case Studies in Success –Connecticut Business Industry Association, Amerift Brands, Sun & Ski Sports, and Girl Scouts of America.
The conference will conclude with a panel called “The Future of Social Media is NOW” which will be moderated by Brian Bluff, Site Seeker, Inc. Panelists will include: Brent Robertson, Fathom Marketing; Danielle Cyr, Co-Communications; Alyssa Henry, Syracuse University iSchool and Kathy Hokunson, Site Seeker, Inc. Following this, participants can network together and with speakers at the TweetUp Networking cocktail hour.
Tickets will be priced at $140.00. Discount tickets will be available for students at $80.00, with a valid student ID. To register or for more information go to: www.bizbuzzsocialmediaconference.com.
About BizBuzz Conferences
BizBuzz conferences are presented throughout the Northeast by Site Seeker, Inc., and its other major sponsors. They offer business owners and marketing communications professions a look at best practices for using social media productively. All explore the impact social media has on marketing, advertising and PR and give participants a first look at the latest tools to engage the public. Sponsors for the Hartford conference include Site-Seeker, Inc.; Fandotech, Digital Vertical Marketing; The Events Company; Visual Technologies; and Andrea Obston Marketing Communications. For more information, including registration and sponsorship packages see: www.bizbuzzsocialmediaconference.com. Follow BizBuzz on twitter: @BizBuzzConf.
Andrea Obston email@example.com
(860) 243-1447 (office) (860) 803-1155 (cell)
(860) 653-27612 (home)